All Members of HEPC,
Sub: Reforms to boost Employment Generation and Exports in the Made-ups sector -reg.
This is to inform that the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister has given its approval to the reforms to boost employment generation and exports in the Made-ups sector over the next three years. The significant aspects of this packages which is similar to package provided to garments are
- Providing production incentive through enhanced Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (TUFS) subsidy of additional 10% for made ups.
- Providing additional 3.67% share of Employers contribution in addition to 8.33% already covered under Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) for all new employees enrolling in EPFO for the first 3 years of their employment.
- Extension of rebate on state levies (ROSL) scheme to made ups sector for enhanced duty drawback on exports of Made ups.
- Simplification of labour laws:
- Increasing permissible overtime upto 100 hrs per quarter in Made-ups manufacturing sector.
- Making employees’ contribution to EPF optional for employees earning less than Rs.15,000/- per month.
For more information, members may please visit