HEPC/EF/International Sourcing Expo/Australia/Circular/19-20 Dt.15.05.2019
All Members & RTEs of the Council
Sub: Inviting application from members for participation in “International Sourcing Expo”, to be held at Melbourne, Australia, during 12-14, November, 2019
This is in continuation to Council’s general circular dated 05th March 2019, seeking expression of interest for Calendar of events during the year 2019-20.
1.0 About International Sourcing Expo:
The International Sourcing Expo Australia is the only textiles, accessories and clothing exhibition for Australia and New Zealand region. International Sourcing Expo Australia, co-located with the Footwear and Leather show Australia and China Clothing Accessories Textiles Expo, is Australia premier international sourcing show for apparel, textiles, home textiles, fashion accessories, footwear and leather product. The event hosts Global Runway where emerging and established designers showcases their collections on the runway. Industrial seminars are also organized during the event.
1.1 Venue and Dates:
The upcoming edition (10th Edition) of this event will be held at Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Australia during 12-14 November 2019.
1.2 Product Profile:
- Home Textiles, Clothing Accessories, Apparel, Fashion Accessories, Leather goods and Fabrics.
1.3 Buyer Profile:
The Last edition had more than 4000 visitors from large fashion retailers to niche fashion brands, start-up labels, online outlets and fashion designers looking to make valuable connections with potential and existing suppliers. Now in its 10th edition, International Sourcing Expo, Australia
- Attracts Some of the world’s leading apparel, accessories, textiles and footwear suppliers over three days at the Melbourne convention and Exhibition Centre.
- During last edition 63 percent of visitors were from Victoria;31 percent from other cities in Australia; and 6 percent from overseas.
- During last edition 76 percent of visitors had final decision-making authority, with an additional 21 percent making recommendations to influence the final decision.
2.0 Participation fee details:
(Subject to approval from Ministry)
Non- Subsidized rate
(if No approval from Ministry)
|Cost per sq.m. – upto 12 sq.m.||
Rs.16000/- per sqm
|Rs.28000/- per sqm|
|Additional space cost per sq.m. – above 12 sq.m.||
Rs.26500/- per sqm
|Rs.26500/- per sqm|
|Corner charge (Extra, if applicable)||
10% extra of total participation fee
10% extra of total participation fee
Minimum bookable area – 9m2, Additional space in multiple of 3m2 thereafter.
In this regard, we hereby inform that Council’s proposal is still under process in the Ministry and the approval is awaited. In the meantime, it has been decided to collect a advance of lumpsum amount of Rs.1,00,000/- (9 sq.m.) and Rs.1,25,000 /- (12 sq.m.) and an undertaking form in company letter head (format enclosed) from each participant and allot space. The difference in amount will be reimbursed / collected from each participant based on receipt of approval or otherwise from Ministry.
In case of approval from Ministry, subsidized participation fee as per above table will be considered and the difference in fee will be reimbursed / collected.
3.0 Grant Eligibility
HEPC has proposed participation in this fair under National Handloom Development Programme of Office of the Development Commissioner (Handlooms) and the approval is awaited from the Ministry.
- Member participants are entitled for participation under subsidized category availing grant only upto a maximum of three participations in a particular trade fair.
- Participants with annual export turnover of less than Rs.30 crore in the preceding financial year (2018-19) will be eligible for subsidized participation charges.
- Each participant company (for one person) will also be eligible for Travel grant reimbursement of Rs.50,000/- (Economy class) or actual travel cost, whichever is less subject to approval from Ministry.
- Subsidized participation in only one event in a calendar month is allowed and a maximum of 3 events in a year
4.0 Selection Criteria
Selection will be on First Come First Served basis. Preference will be given to registered holders of India Handloom Brand & first-time participant of handloom products so that there will be at least a minimum of 30% (6 participants) IHB / first time member exhibitors in the event. Interested member exporters of handloom products may send their participation charges as specified above along with application to the council on or before last date of receipt of application as stipulated in the circular. In case of approval from Ministry, subsidized participation fee will be considered and the balance fee will be reimbursed / collected.
Further it is requested to submit an undertaking form (format enclosed) for participation in the event at non-subsidized charges if no approval is received from ministry.
- Open display of “price tags” and “Stock lot” tags on samples on display in the booth
- Sale of stock lot in the booth
- Encroaching on AISLE area and other activities which affect co-exhibitors
- Subletting the allotted stall.
5.0. Payment details
Payment has to be made through any one of the following mode of payment.
Option-1: Online payment through payment gateway
Option-2: Payment through RTGS
Option-3: Payment through Demand Draft/at par multicity cheque in favour of Handloom Export Promotion Council payable at Chennai, if online/RTGS payment is not feasible.
Please click the link (https://www.hepcindia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Payment_Procedure.pdf) for more details on Instructions for payment.
Payment received without undertaking form will not be considered for allotment. Amount once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance except cancellation of fair participation by HEPC.
Payment may be made through RTGS to the following account of the Council
Name of Account : Handloom Export Promotion Council
Bank Details : State Bank of India,
Branch : Greams Road, Chennai
Account No. : 35346171521
IFS Code : SBIN0020243
(Please mention your company name in the remark column, while making payment through bank transfer.)
6.0 Application form
Please click the link ( https://www.hepcindia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Application-FORM-International-2019-20201.pdf ) to download the application form and submit it with payment details.
7.0 Last date for receipt of application along with payment is 30/06/2019.
Encl: Undertaking Letter