All members of HEPC
Sub: Export Promotion and Facilitation – reg.
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has constituted a working group on Export Promotion and Facilitation under the Chairmanship of Shri O.P.Dadhich, Chief Commissioner of Customs, Delhi Zone, New Delhi. The group is mandated to look into issues being faced by the exporters on various aspects. In this regard, Council has received communication from Drawback division seeking inputs on the following issues.
- Customs procedures and facilitation.
- Impact of FTAs signed by India
- Tariff concession vis-à-vis non tariff barriers faced by the exporters in export markets
- Need for non-preferential rule of origin and their structure.
- Quality /cost of services provided by various intermediaries in the customs environment like customs brokers, shipping lines, forwarders, custodians, etc.
- Facilitation of e- commerce exports.
- Manufacturer in bond under section 65 of the Customs Act.
- Any other export related issues.
(Dr.S.B.Deepak Kumar )
Encl: Letter from CBIC – Export Promotion and Facilitation