Sub: Inviting applications from member exporters for participation in Hong Kong
International Home Textiles & Furnishings fair 2018- Reg.
Hurry up !only few stalls are available!!! Rush your applications!!!
1. About Hong Kong International Hometextiles & Furnishings Fair
Hong Kong International Home Textiles & Furnishings fair- an ideal showcase for Home Textiles, is a spin-off event of the famous Hong Kong Houseware fair, the biggest event of its kind in Asia. Given the ongoing market demand of the home textile industry, the fair, as a professional trading platform, will feature a full range of home textiles (including bathroom, bedroom, baby, kitchen and dcor textiles), carpet & floor coverings, upholstery & wall coverings, and other home textile related product and services.This fair is positioned as a sophisticated showcase for stylish, upmarket products of high quality. Located in one of the worlds great trading cities and at the heart of the vibrant Asian market, the fair provides suppliers of home textiles a specialized trade platform in the peak buying season to meet this demand. The event is attended by about 20000 trade visitors consisting of wholesalers, retailers, importers, department stores, buyers and buying houses.
During last year, Council participated along with 27 member exporters from different regions across the country. As per the feedback received from the participants, spot order worth Rs.6.75 crore and business enquiries worth Rs.18.77 crore were generated during the event.
For this upcoming edition to be held during 20-23 April 2018, Council proposes to organize participation in this event under National Handloom Development Programme of Office of Development Commissioner (Handlooms). The proposal is under process and awaiting approval.
2. Participation charges
- Actual cost of standard booth would be Rs.40000 per sqm and for 9 sqm booth would cost Rs.360000/-
- 10% premium charge is applicable for 2 side open booth
- If the proposal is approved by the Ministry, the subsidy amount will be provided as reimbursement or discount depending on date of receipt of approval. Besides, participant will also be eligible for travel grant to a maximum of Rs.50000/- or actual whichever is less, per participant company.
3. Grant Eligibility (Subject to approval from Ministry):
- Members with annual export turnover of less than Rs.30 crore in the preceding financial year (2017-18) will be eligible for subsidized participation charges.
- Earlier participation in the event through Council not exceeding 3 times.
4. Selection Criteria:
Selection will be on First Come First Served basis. Preference will be given to registered holders of India Handloom Brand &first time participant of handloom products so that there will be at least a minimum of 30% (6 participants) IHB / first time member exhibitors in the event provided their applications along with required payment are received on or before the last date of receipt of application as stipulated in the circular.
Payment received without undertaking form will not be considered for allotment. Amount once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances excepting cancellation of fair participation by HEPC.
5. Payment Details
Interested member exporters of handloom products may send the initial participation fee of Rs.1,00,000/- being the advance along with application (application downloadable from https://www.hepcindia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Application-FORM-International-2017-18-.pdf) and undertaking form to the council on or before last date of receipt of application as stipulated in the circular.Payment has to be made through any one of the following mode of payment.
Option-1: Online payment through payment gateway
Option-2: Payment through RTGS
Option-3: Payment through Demand Draft/at par multicity cheque in favour of Handloom ExportPromotion Council payable at Chennai, if online/RTGS payment is not feasible.
Please click the link (https://www.hepcindia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/payment-procedure-new.pdf) for more details on Instructions for payment.
(Please mention your company name in the remark column, while making payment through bank transfer.)
Amount once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance except cancellation of fair participation by HEPC.
6. Last date for receipt of application along with advance payment: 31.01.2018
Rajesh Kumar Sahu