India Handloom Brand
WHY INDIA HANDLOOM?
Handloom fabrics and handloom weavers form an integral part of the rich culture, heritage and tradition of India. Apart from providing one of the basic needs of human beings, along with a sizeable contribution to Gross Domestic Product and export, this industry provides direct and indirect employment to lakhs of people in the rural and urban areas.
With a view to promote this industry on a sustainable basis, it is deemed necessary to produce quality fabrics with new design for winning the trust and confidence of the customers.
“India Handloom” Brand is an endorsement to quality of the handloom products in terms of raw material, processing, embellishments, weaving design and other parameters besides social and environmental compliances for earning the trust of the customers.
It seeks to ensure this by giving particular attention to the following:
• Production of high quality, defect free, hand-woven, authentic “niche product”
• Zero defect
• Authentic traditional design
• Zero impact on environment
• Social compliance
• Compliance on voluntary basis
• Customer will be assured of the quality of the product as per specification
• Bulk buyers and Exporters will be able to source quality fabrics as per his/her design produced in time and establish a distinct market positioning for authentic hand-woven fabrics of India
• Weaver will be able to get bulk orders and higher wages by interacting directly with the market
• Weaver entrepreneur (younger generation) will take up traditional profession of production of quality handloom fabrics in bulk and marketing within and outside the country
• It will empower women and disadvantaged segments
To be implemented by the Development Commissioner for Handlooms with the help of Textiles Committee in the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
PRODUCTS IDENTIFIED FOR BRANDING
Cotton : Jamdani, Tangail, Shantipuri, Dhaniakhali, Bichitrapuri, Bomkai, Kotpad, Pochampalli, Venkatgiri, Uppada, Siddipet, Narayanpet, Mangalgiri, Chetinad, Balarampuram, Kasorgod, Kuthampally, Chendamangalam Dhoti.
Silk : Baluchari, Muga Silk, Sualkuchi Silk, Khandua, Berhampuri, Bomkai Silk, Benaras Brocade, Tanchoi, Benarasi Butidar, Jangla, Benarasi Cutwork, Pochampalli, Dharmavaram, Kanchipuram, Arni Silk, Molkalmuru, Paithani, Patola, Champa Silk, Ashawali Silk, Salem Silk ( Dhoti), Uppada Jamdani.
Cotton Silk Sari : Chanderi, Maheswari, Kota Doria, Ilkal, Gadwal, Covai Kora Cotton.
2. DRESS MATERIAL
Cotton : Odisha lkat, Pochampalli lkat
Silk : Tanchoi, Benarasi Cutwork, Odisha lkat, Pochampalli lkat, Tassar Fabric, Muga Fabric, Mekhela/ Chadar.
3. BED SHEET
Odisha lkat, Pochampalli lkat.
4. SCARF/ SHAWL/ CHADAR
KaniShawl (Handspun/ Millspun), Kinnori Shawl, Kullu Shawl, Tangaliya Shawl, Kutch Shawl, Wangkhei Phee.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR INDIA HANDLOOM BRAND?
Genuine firms / Institutions dealing with production of handloom fabrics including
1. Primary Handloom Co-operative Societies.
2. Self Help Groups (SHG), Consortia, Producers Companies, Joint Liability Groups (JLG)
3. Weaver Entrepreneurs.
HOW TO APPLY?
• Submit application for the specified products with relevant information in the prescribed format copy available at www.textilescommittee.gov.in, www.handlooms.nic.in
• Application Fee at the rate of Rs. 500/- per product sub-category to be deposited online or in Demand Draft. For all product categories applied by same applicant, total fee not to exceed Rs. 5000/-
• Application can be submitted at the Weavers Service Centre or Office of Textile Committee
• Facts of the application and production facility will be verified
• Fabric sample will be tested in accredited laboratory
• Branding will be issued or deficiencies, if any, will be conveyed within 30 days of filing the application
• The branding will be normally valid for 3 years, subject to terms and conditions and can be renewed thereafter
• Labels (Stickers) with Logo to be affixed on each item for sale
• Complaints of consumer will be verified and in the event of failure on the part of the registered agency, the branding will be withdrawn as per terms and conditions and grievances of the consumer will be duly addressed
Certainly, the most deciding element that is mature while buying medicines from the Web is to make a best choice. An assortment is virtually large. For example Antibiotics are used for bacterial infections, such as definite infections of the urine. But it does not work for flu and some other illnesses. A lot of medicines are used to treat inability to get an erection. Cialis is a medicament used to treat divers ailments. What do you have to read about buy viagra from canada